In celebration of the release of what has to be the mother of all action movies, The Expendables.
- The bad guys only come at the good guy one at time. They duly wait their turn to be seriously hurt and/or killed
- The token girl will scream irritatingly
- The big fight scene after the hero sees of his all his assailants goes outside just as it’s starts pouring with rain.
- The token girl/wimp will be unable to follow simple instructions in order to stay alive i.e. ‘stay here, don’t move’ but somehow they always survive.
- A weapon will always be made available to the good guy at the very last moment and not a second before.
- There will be a wife/mistress/daughter kidnapped but never a male person that matters
- The bad guys always get their comeuppance. The good guy always survives, even if he as lost everything that matters.
- A body thrown from the roof will always land on a car. Not next to it, not on the pavement, not behind it but perfect onto it.
I’m sure you’ll think of more?
NB No 5 in the Expendables but none of the others – brilliant!