Each weekday at 11am, we invite Enterprise Nation followers on Twitter to take a short break and join us for a chat. We call it the #WatercoolerMoment and we’ll often pose a question to get the conversation started.
Last week we asked: ‘What holiday habits will you bring into your working life in 2012 to make it more fun?’ We had so many great tips from our followers we asked regular contributor Rickie Josen thought to compile her favourites and share a few with you.
What holiday habits will you bring into your working life in 2012 to make it more fun?
1. Turning my phone off and shutting down Outlook for an hour so thoughts don’t get interrupted. @andrewdlevey
2. Staring into space more and letting the brain free-associate. @colinshelbourn
3. Being a freelancer means you can work whilst wearing your swimming trunks in the house and not just by the pool. @Timmy666
4. Try something new. Go to a training course or event or something to stimulate your ideas.@andrewdlevey
5. Enjoy the really good stuff while you’re working. E.g. occasionally have the best coffee and the luxury cake rather than just saving those for the weekend. @RickieWrites
6. Knowing when not to work is important. On my recent holiday I learned not to take my laptop with me everywhere. @Timmy666
7. Try to use time positively when technology occasionally lets us down! @aptanet
8. Best holiday bonus is the enforced shutdown, so u can follow ideas knowing you don’t HAVE to do something. @colinshelbourn
9. If I’m working on a specific project I always go somewhere else to review for a fresh perspective.@andrewdlevey
10. I have a trip to the gym most days which energises me – missed this over xmas!@LyzzyBee_Libro
11. I find a change of scene definitely helps if energy levels are dipping. @andrewdlevey
12. It’s important not to get isolated and to keep up friendships – I missed when doing two jobs so I’m doing now! @LyzzyBee_Libro
13. Holiday time – savouring each moment rather than stacking up mental notes. @lubnagemarielle
14. Making time for the lovely things you do on holiday: eating well, lots of fresh air, walking more, always being excited. @Timmy666
15. Getting away from it all. Get out of the usual work setting to help with new ideas and different thinking. @andrewdlevey
16. I got into a habit of meeting a friend a day over the xmas break and will try to work that into daily life. @LyzzyBee_Libro